JobKeeper Program + Business Support Fund
25 May 2020
As you may be aware, the Australian government has announced a $130 billion JobKeeper Payment program to support business and help those Australians who have been affected by the economic impact caused by the coronavirus pandemic retain their jobs.
The knp bulletin stimulus-package-jobkeeper-payment will detail the following points...
- What is it?
- What are the eligibility requirements to access it?
- When and how the payments will be made?
- How to apply/what to do next.
Please note - As the JobKeeper Payment is not legislation yet, some details in this bulletin are subject to change.
In order to receive further updates and information, please register your interest with the following link:
The following information is required:
* Business Name
* Australian Business Name (ABN)
* Contact Name
* Email address
* Mobile phone number
BUSINESS SUPPORT FUND
As you may have heard in the news or via email, the Victorian State Government has launched a $500 million Business Support Fund to help small businesses survive the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic and keep people in work. As a result of this, businesses are able to apply for a one-off grant of $10,000.
This email is to assist you determine if you are eligible and if so, how to apply.
Small businesses are eligible if they:
- employ people; and
- have been subject to closure or are highly impacted by Victoria's Non-Essential Activity Directions issued by the Deputy Chief Health Officer to-date; https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/202003/Non-Essential-Activity-Directions-No-2.pdf and
- have a turnover of more than $75,000; and
- have payroll of less than $650,000; and
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and held than ABN at 16 March 2020; and
- have been engaged in carrying out the operation of the business in the Australian State of Victoria on 16 March 2020.
Under point 2, is a link to "Direction from Deputy Chief Health officer in accordance with emergency powers arising from declared state of emergency". This is a list of non-essential businesses and undertakings as noted by the Deputy Chief Health Officer.
Please note that even though your respective business may not be on the list of affected businesses, you are still able to apply if you meet all the other eligibility criteria and consider that the shutdown restrictions have highly impacted on your business. Your application will be assessed against the guidelines.
Please find attached a pdf of the questions that are asked in the application. As well as the information required for these questions, you will need to upload your most recent Business Activity Statement (BAS) to the application. We therefore recommend waiting until the March BAS has been prepared and lodged.
In order to apply, you will be required to register an account with the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions.
With this in mind, we recommend clients follow the link below and apply for this grant themselves. If you require any assistance in determining whether you are eligible or with any of the questions on the questionnaire, please contact us.
Applications can be made through the following link: https://www.business.vic.gov.au/support-for-your-business/grants-and-assistance/business-support-fund